5.7K views

The instyler is so ***! I've had mine for about 2 Years and its done nothing but RUIN it. Before I recieved the instyler my hair was healthy and beautiful! Now its dry, nasty, and my ends are split so bad that I'm going to have to shave my head to be completely rid of them.

If I could, I would use the money I paid for the instyler and buy a flat iron instead. That comercial says that the flat iron ruins your hair more than the instyler? Its wrong. The instyler is so hot, even on the lowest setting that my heat protector doesn't even work now!

I HATE THE INSTYLER!

Comments

I've had an Instyler for a few years now, and have noticed that over time my hair looks extremely frizzy, so I kept using the Instyler to tame those frizzies down.Well, what I didn't know was that the same tool I was using to make my help look better was actually damaging it.

I have pretty low maintenance hair, it's brown black.I use top of the line hair products, wash it twice a week, and get regular trims.

So there should be no reason for my hair to be so damaged.

I recently switched hairstylist, thinking that maybe I needed a change because my hair didn't look healthy.

After talking to the new hairstylist, we nailed it down to the Instyler.She had a previous client who would also use the Instyler, and had very damaged hair.

So now I'm no longer using the Instyler.My hair does not look as smooth, but I'm hopeful that in a few months I'll begin to notice a diffference and get my hair back to being healthy.

Yes, I believe it has ruined my hair too.

Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States #1296526

The Instyler is SO bad for your hair.I had beautiful long hair and never had issues with split ends when I used flat irons.

This instyler has damaged my hair all the way up to my scalp, leaving broken split, dry brittle ends at many different lengths.(no I don't have layered hair, at least I didn't) Sad, Sad, Sad!

I completely agree.Before I started using the instyler my natural hair was actually wearable.

Now that I've been using it for about 3 years my hair is so frizzy and damaged. I use heat protectant with it and do what I can to protect my hair but it still left it completely ruined. Now when I try to straighten my hair using this it leaves it very very frizzy and it looks like I just rolled out of bed and didn't even brush my hair.

It's horrible.This product is supposed to be so amazing and all it has done is leave me with a mess for hair.

Bought the Instyler with high hopes.Used for a few weeks, always with heat protectant.

Now hair is bushy with split ends.

I just can't believe it.SO disappointed.

i used this once and my hair is ruined i miss my natural hair i've been growing for months. :cry :(

I just purchased an INSTYLER - dried may hair as usual and then ran a small section of hair through it - it completely ruined that section of hair. I immediately applied conditioner, let it sit, rinsed and re-dried that section and it doesn't look as bad but it is definitely permanently damaged. Needless to say I abandoned the effort immediately and will be returning the INSTYLER.

Boston, Massachusetts, United States #683529

I have the instyler, and its a good product I have very thick hair I don't perm my hair. I don't use heat every day I usely were my hair braided up with no add on hair all natural, that the only way my hair grows.

use lots of heat protector with any styling tool, and were hair styles that don't require heat every day. think of your hair as a plant it needs lots of tlc 8) .

to Annie 88 #904756

Thx my hair is very curly and thick and I was thinking of buying the instyler

San Diego, California, United States #673962

I used to have very shiny and silky hair.I purchased an instyler last December.

I used it for a few months. At first my hair looked shiny and beautiful. Now after using instyler for a couple of months my hair is dry, extremely coarse & and very frizzy.

Instyler burned my hair.I do not recommend this product or their customer service.

Sandra