6.3K views

The instyler is so ***! I've had mine for about 2 Years and its done nothing but RUIN it. Before I recieved the instyler my hair was healthy and beautiful! Now its dry, nasty, and my ends are split so bad that I'm going to have to shave my head to be completely rid of them.

If I could, I would use the money I paid for the instyler and buy a flat iron instead. That comercial says that the flat iron ruins your hair more than the instyler? Its wrong. The instyler is so hot, even on the lowest setting that my heat protector doesn't even work now!

I HATE THE INSTYLER!

Comments

I've had an Instyler for a few years now, and have noticed that over time my hair looks extremely frizzy, so I kept using the Instyler to tame those frizzies down.Well, what I didn't know was that the same tool I was using to make my help look better was actually damaging it.

I have pretty low maintenance hair, it's brown black. I use top of the line hair products, wash it twice a week, and get regular trims.

So there should be no reason for my hair to be so damaged.

I recently switched hairstylist, thinking that maybe I needed a change because my hair didn't look healthy.

After talking to the new hairstylist, we nailed it down to the Instyler. She had a previous client who would also use the Instyler, and had very damaged hair.

So now I'm no longer using the Instyler.My hair does not look as smooth, but I'm hopeful that in a few months I'll begin to notice a diffference and get my hair back to being healthy.

Yes, I believe it has ruined my hair too.

Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States #1296526

The Instyler is SO bad for your hair. I had beautiful long hair and never had issues with split ends when I used flat irons.

This instyler has damaged my hair all the way up to my scalp, leaving broken split, dry brittle ends at many different lengths. (no I don't have layered hair, at least I didn't) Sad, Sad, Sad!

I completely agree. Before I started using the instyler my natural hair was actually wearable.

Now that I've been using it for about 3 years my hair is so frizzy and damaged. I use heat protectant with it and do what I can to protect my hair but it still left it completely ruined. Now when I try to straighten my hair using this it leaves it very very frizzy and it looks like I just rolled out of bed and didn't even brush my hair.

It's horrible. This product is supposed to be so amazing and all it has done is leave me with a mess for hair.

Bought the Instyler with high hopes. Used for a few weeks, always with heat protectant.

Now hair is bushy with split ends.

I just can't believe it. SO disappointed.

i used this once and my hair is ruined i miss my natural hair i've been growing for months. :cry :(

I just purchased an INSTYLER - dried may hair as usual and then ran a small section of hair through it - it completely ruined that section of hair. I immediately applied conditioner, let it sit, rinsed and re-dried that section and it doesn't look as bad but it is definitely permanently damaged. Needless to say I abandoned the effort immediately and will be returning the INSTYLER.

Boston, Massachusetts, United States #683529

I have the instyler, and its a good product I have very thick hair I don't perm my hair. I don't use heat every day I usely were my hair braided up with no add on hair all natural, that the only way my hair grows.

use lots of heat protector with any styling tool, and were hair styles that don't require heat every day. think of your hair as a plant it needs lots of tlc 8) .

to Annie 88 #904756

Thx my hair is very curly and thick and I was thinking of buying the instyler

San Diego, California, United States #673962

I used to have very shiny and silky hair. I purchased an instyler last December.

I used it for a few months. At first my hair looked shiny and beautiful. Now after using instyler for a couple of months my hair is dry, extremely coarse & and very frizzy.

Instyler burned my hair. I do not recommend this product or their customer service.

Sandra

This is really true. I've used this product with and without heat protector spray and it severely damages my hair.

I have smooth thick, wavy hair and after using this my hair became dry, extremely coarse (like horse hair) & and frizzy. Simply burnt I'm guessing.

I really wanted this product to work but it's just not worth the damage for me. I would rather natural un-styled hair than terrible damaged in-styled hair

Columbia, Missouri, United States #652037

Ladies, this ruined my hair too, but my hair stylist suggest orgaic coconut oil. I got it at walmart in the vitamin aisle for 10 bucks.

Been using a month and my hair is looking shiny, soft and beautiful. I did get about 5 inches cut off and plan to keep going back every 8 weeks for a trim until all damage is gone. But the coconut oil is a miracle! I use is once a week to sleep in the wash my hair twice, then shampoo and through the week a tiny dab on my ends make my hair look like the damage was never there.

It also make my hair strands look and feel thicker due to the oil actually getting into the hair shaft. Please google coconut oil for hair and skin. I also just started using it on my skin. OMG my skin glows and I am 35 and suffer from acne every month around that time and I use a little on my face and it has cleared my issues.

The first week it didn't because it brought out all the impurites, but I had to share because I know how frusterating it is trying to repair the damage. Shame on Instyeler!!!

what the ***.. i thought that this was the perfect product..

:upset

anyway, if you are suffering from hair loss try onion and garlic mask, grate the two together or blend them together and apply on the scalp it helps in regrowth of hair and strengthens the hair. for dry hair apply a mixture of egg+honey+olive oil+lemon.

or you can just apply any oil to your hair overnight or as long as possible. apply oil and rub the ends together (i haven't tried this but lets hope it works)

Anyone with dry and thining hair can try using MANE & TAILS ....Its a horse shampoo but it works for humans to...helps it grow longer and thicker .

I have straighten my hair for along as I could remember and dye it a lot so I am trying this shampoo and conditioner and so far it looks better . Plus I have stopped straightening it every day. Giving it time to heal. But to me the instyler isn't as bad on my hair as the chi.

All the ppl that complain about the instyler why don't u just stop using it

I have frizzy and wavy hair with medium thickness. I had wanted to try the Instyler forever, but hesitated because of bad rumors about hair damage.

I have a Croc flat iron that I use occasionally, but thought the idea of straightening and flipping ends at same time was brilliant! I don't like a completely straight look. Finally gave in a few months ago and purchased it. I probably only used it 10 times, but I did use the highest setting due to my frizz.

I will say that I truly liked how it made my haiir look. fairly easy to use . All of the sudden after few months I am noticing MAJOR damage.....more breaking than split ends. It was like a Brillo pad.

I am not joking! just got all the junk taken off. Lost lots of length! If you use this product use a heat protectant and keep on Lower setting.

Do not let it linger on hair ends!

Flat iron didn't do this. Instyler did.

I love the job my instyler does on my hair...

however...after using the instyler for about a month my hair has gotten very thin and is breaking off like crazy. HELP!!!!

why are u guys haters i mean really the instyler is the best product ever

to maddona ackerland Tucker, Georgia, United States #647431

I mean, like really, this is not the best product product ever.

to maddona ackerland #1005105

Seriously this product is garbage. No hating.

Just trying to prevent people from completely ruining their locks. Mines fu**ed

#420840

Ever since I used the instyler (which was only about 5 times) my hair has got to super thin and I've lost all the curls in the front of my hair, and the back curls like it used too. I had think extremely curly hair.

Now half is wavy, half is straight, back is curly, and all is too thin to do ANYTHING with.

I don't think I've ever been more pissed at myself for using this product so many times. Save yourself and your hair, and don't get it.