Purchase, New York
3.2K views 19 comments

I got an instyler for Christmas and was eager to use it .My Cuzin was visiting and asked if she could use it

After she used it and left my house like 15 minutes later I Dat in the kitchen table and put my forarn down and was burned all the way down to my elbow .

Mind you it was off for more then fifteen minutes .I'm in pain and I can't sleep beacuse I have to constantly pay attention to the burn from rubbing against anything .I will never use it now after that !!!' They need to really add a safety cover or something so that some child or anybody for that matter gets hurt .

Had an Experience with Instyler?

Comments

It comes with a thermal pouch for storage, stop blaming companies for USER ERROR.I have used INSTYLER for almost 6 years and I have never burned myself like that.

You put your arm down without paying attention to your surroundings, how is that the company's fault?As bad as the chick who sued McDonald's cause she was too slow to figure out that coffee is HOT.

A right there on the cable there is a warning that says: ' ' Keep out of the reach of children ' ' warning that is too hot , it is not the fault of the InStyler , blame your stupidity that caused this. Nobody sends you leave it on for 15 minutes and besides that , put his arm up .

careless and ***. Blame your self!!!

ponce
Jersey City, New Jersey, United States #751313

I bought the instyler for my girl in 2008,since the she had 3 or 4 burn but i thought it was normal,but yesterday 12-1-13 she have a big burn in her right leg after the instyler felt ,im looking for some inf.from a attorney or someone who can help me go after this unsafe cosmetology equitment..feel free to contact me at.joseg359@aol.com thank you...

commonsenseisgood
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States #724407

I don't know about you but mine came with a protective cover for the barrel.Second why did your cousin leave it on the kitchen table?

You sueing the company is the equivalent of the woman sueing McDonald's because she was burned by coffee.

No product is going to get cool in 5 minutes.It reaches the same tempatures as OVENS!

ponce
to commonsenseisgood Jersey City, New Jersey, United States #751315

I think you are in favor of inrresponsable company like this one,and let me tell you something the lady that have suit the mcdonald,she did won the lawsuit ok and nobody is perfect like you...

Troy, Michigan, United States #710171

Learn how to spell.

rocky0609
Callahan, Florida, United States #673867

First of all its your fault u dropped it and you left it on the tip of the table so of corse your going to get burned its an iron not cupcakes if your going to sue them your going to lose. :( :(

Optimus
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand #642343

It does come with a barrel protector, and you can't touch the barrel unless you put your fingers in the holes.... so you obviously weren't using it

to Optimus #752399

Mine did not come with a barrel protector.I received it as a gift when they were first on the market.

I have seriously burned my shoulder and forehead several times.

I currently work in quality for a hair product manufacturer and know that a person could possibly sue for even the slight burning that I have endured.However, the case would have to be viable and prove defect of the appliance and/or company...this case suggests negligence on iwners behalf...but could still be a viabke case due to unsafe temperature.