Instyler should be sued !!

I got an instyler for Christmas and was eager to use it .My Cuzin was visiting and asked if she could use it

After she used it and left my house like 15 minutes later I Dat in the kitchen table and put my forarn down and was burned all the way down to my elbow .

Mind you it was off for more then fifteen minutes .I'm in pain and I can't sleep beacuse I have to constantly pay attention to the burn from rubbing against anything .I will never use it now after that !!!' They need to really add a safety cover or something so that some child or anybody for that matter gets hurt .

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 13 Yes 13 122 No 122
Had the same issue 15 Yes 15
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Nov 18, 2015 #1065776

It comes with a thermal pouch for storage, stop blaming companies for USER ERROR. I have used INSTYLER for almost 6 years and I have never burned myself like that. You put your arm down without paying attention to your surroundings, how is that the company's fault? As bad as the chick who sued McDonald's cause she was too slow to figure out that coffee is HOT.

1 0 Reply

Oct 16, 2015 #1049567

A right there on the cable there is a warning that says: ' ' Keep out of the reach of children ' ' warning that is too hot , it is not the fault of the InStyler , blame your stupidity that caused this. Nobody sends you leave it on for 15 minutes and besides that , put his arm up .

Jun 10, 2014 #825754

careless and ***. Blame your self!!!

2 1 Reply

Dec 02, 2013 #751313 Jersey City, New Jersey

I bought the instyler for my girl in 2008,since the she had 3 or 4 burn but i thought it was normal,but yesterday 12-1-13 she have a big burn in her right leg after the instyler felt ,im looking for some inf.from a attorney or someone who can help me go after this unsafe cosmetology equitment..feel free to contact me thank you...

1 2 Reply

Oct 02, 2013 #724407 Cincinnati, Ohio

I don't know about you but mine came with a protective cover for the barrel. Second why did your cousin leave it on the kitchen table? You sueing the company is the equivalent of the woman sueing McDonald's because she was burned by coffee. No product is going to get cool in 5 minutes. It reaches the same tempatures as OVENS!

5 0 Reply

Dec 02, 2013 #751315 Jersey City, New Jersey

I think you are in favor of inrresponsable company like this one,and let me tell you something the lady that have suit the mcdonald,she did won the lawsuit ok and nobody is perfect like you...

1 3 Reply

Sep 01, 2013 #710171 Troy, Michigan

Learn how to spell.

11 0 Reply

Jul 03, 2013 #673867 Callahan, Florida

First of all its your fault u dropped it and you left it on the tip of the table so of corse your going to get burned its an iron not cupcakes if your going to sue them your going to lose. :( :(

7 0 Reply

Apr 26, 2013 #642343 Auckland, Auckland

It does come with a barrel protector, and you can't touch the barrel unless you put your fingers in the holes.... so you obviously weren't using it

4 0 Reply

Dec 03, 2013 #752399

Mine did not come with a barrel protector. I received it as a gift when they were first on the market. I have seriously burned my shoulder and forehead several times. I currently work in quality for a hair product manufacturer and know that a person could possibly sue for even the slight burning that I have endured. However, the case would have to be viable and prove defect of the appliance and/or company...this case suggests negligence on iwners behalf...but could still be a viabke case due to unsafe temperature.

0 1 Reply

Mar 09, 2013 #620549 Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

:upset :roll It is a shame you have a horrible burn, that is going to scar, and I am sure it hurts :cry tremendously. You CANNOT blame the Instyler for your misfortune. It is not their fault you were careless enough to put your arm on a hot iron!

6 0 Reply

Feb 14, 2013 #608843 Atlantic City, New Jersey

Jan 02, 2013 #588286 Mount Laurel, New Jersey

Really?!.......I mean......really. SERIOUSLY???
If you shut your stove off, and, 15 minutes later, lay your hand on the element and burn it, do you then get to sue Whirlpool (or GE or whoever manufactured it)?
I suppose I should be able to sue GM, since, a couple of days ago my 2 year old grabbed a hot exhaust pipe and burned his hand.

4 0 Reply
O ok rocket scientist

Jan 06, 2013 #590157 Jamaica, New York

The point is Einstein that it should cool off faster because it was turned off then right off again right away . I bet if I had a picture up of your mother you would understand !! Dummy

0 4 Reply

Jul 03, 2013 #673883 Hawi, Hawaii

Your so ***

2 0 Reply
If you look at all the people

Jan 06, 2013 #590160

You would see that the problem is that it takes way too long to turn cold !!
Not that I got a serious burn what if it was a baby . It was a lesson learned !!

0 1 Reply

Jan 27, 2013 #600028 San Diego, California

Such a *** response. Your baby, first shouldn't be able to reach there, second is a hot tool that gets 410 degree hot, it does takes time to cool down, you should know that it's to be in a safety place so nobody get's hurt.. Accept that you are distracted and probably get hit, burn, or who knows what just by walking around. Suing over this is just ***. And yes you are right, you shouldn't use it, it will burn you if you don't take care when using it. :upset :?

3 0 Reply

Jul 03, 2013 #673877 Callahan, Florida

I know right she didnt think that day bad christmas :roll :? :?

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Instyler. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Instyler.
Filing a new complaint about