Kodiak, Alaska

I was so excited to find the InStyler in my stocking this morning. I watched the DVD, followed the instructions, then about threw the *** thing out the window. What a DISAPPOINTING product!

I have naturally curly hair and am always on the hunt for the newest straightener - so I was excited to try the InStyler. I did not get one fluid straight lock of hair after using this - it was completely FRIZZY! For the $104 my husband spent on this product, you better believe we are taking it back. Shame on you InStyler for getting my hopes up.

My $35 WalMart straightener works a *** of a lot better than this. LADIES, SAVE YOUR MONEY AND DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME! I am soooo disappointed.

Comments

When you purchase a product for the first

Time its trial and error. The product was made for biracial curly/wavy to difficult to handle hair.

If you have straight hair I don't see the point in using it. Also I notice it works best when the hair is dry and you don't take large strands of hair at one time. Perhaps target recieved some defective items. It is best to get it either from Walmart or directly from the instyler company.

There is a difference when you have an original.

It is buy one get one free.

It works well on my hair. Then again I don't mind experimenting.

When you purchase a product for the first

If you have straight hair I don't see the point in using it. Also I notice it works best when the hair is dry and you don't take large strands of hair at one time. Perhaps target rwcieved some defective items. It is best to get it either from Walmart or directly from the imstyler company.

There is a difference when you have an original.

It is buy one get one free.

It works well on my hair. Them again I don't mind experimenting.

:) Ive seen alot of negative feedback on the instyler. And i just want to say, mine doesnt shut off on itself.

I have limp,wavy, frizzy ringlet ended hair. (many years of dying). I have combo hair. For an irish female.

I recieved the instyler as a xmas gift. And i personally love it. It gets my hair to one consistancy . My hair comes to lower middle back length.

I can do tons of styles. Fast and easy with pretty much one hand. I dont mind, its loud. I never have to use above low setting.

For my hair its hot enough.

I understand that for alot of others, It doesnt work. But dont count it out till u try it yourself.

:cry I got mines for christmas and was so excited, I have indian hair, and the hair just keeps sliding off the brush, so i thought i was using to little of a piece, i used a bigger clump of hair and my hair came out frizzy, i watched tons of how to videos on u-tube and it still do not work how it is supposed to for me!!!

I have both naturally curly and wavy hair. It is also thick.

I absoutely love the Instyler.

My hair has never been straight until I started using the instyler. It is as straight as can be and it's even shiny.

#181975

I am African American and tried it on my hair, read my last comment please.

#181974

:sigh I just got the instyler last week for my birthday and the first time I tried to use it, it took a few tries before I was able to get my hair straight, then it started shutting off while I was in the middle of doing my hair and then started making a noise like there is something electrically wrong with it. I am going to take the instyler back to Target and get something else cheaper that I know will work.

I am very disappointed, because I have been wanting this product since I saw the infomercial a few years ago.

I am like the other girl that said she has naturally curly hair and is always looking for something to straighten her hair with. Next time I think I will check consumer reports before I or my husband makes a purchase like this.

#131900

Good Luck~

Good Luck~

:( I bought this for my daughter who has very curly hair. On the very first time on useing it it keeps shutting off her hair is a little longer than shoulder length and haven't even got half done before it started to mess up, at first the barrel slowed then shuts off.

Its horrible she's so upset and I'm very disappointed save ur money!!! I'm going to try and get mine back.

idalaskan

JACKIE - WHO ARE YOU TALKING TO? I AM A 35 YEAR OLD WOMAN ....

I CAN AFFORD PLENTY....INCLUDING AN EDUCATION. MAYBE YOU SHOULD GET ONE! AND WHAT THE *** ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT ANYWAYS?

YOU DON'T EVEN MAKE SENSE! GET A LIFE.

you dumb *** a fraction is a math problem you must of been in sped classes..if your a teenager you shouldnt be able to afford the *** thing anyways so dont waste your money

has anyone used it on african american natural hair?

I also purchased this for my daughter. She has thick natural wave, I think it's beautiful, but she wants it straight most of the time.

When she gets the hang of it, I think she will love it, as for right now, she likes it but will resort back to her flat iron for her bangs. We purchased on line, and got two for the price of one. My complaint is with the transaction. I make the purchase about 2 weeks before x-mas knowing with extra shipping I would get it sooner.

For some reason the transaction didn't go through even tho I got a conformation number and thank you email for my buy. When I saw it didn't go through my acct. I questioned the company and didn't get a reply for days. The buy didn't go threw and I had to repurchase it, now it's a week before x-mas.

I paid an additional $26 to guarantee delivery by the 22nd, which I HAD to have it by then, we were leaving for out of town and it had to go with. Well I wrote them the evening of the 22nd, it had not come and it was THEIR guarantee, it came on the 23rd. I wrote them, requesting something be done about the guarantee and the extra $26. Their response was that they will not refund shipping costs, reguardless of their guarantee.

Hmmm, makes me question the integrity of the company. Also I have read that when people did try to return it through the company, if you don't include ALL of the items and written material, you won't get your refund, they just send the items back to you and you owe!

BTW, DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT ONLINE WHEN YOU CAN WALK RIGHT INTO TARGET AND PURCHASE IT THERE. THEY HAD NO PROBLEMS TAKING THE INSTYLER BACK - NO QUESTIONS ASKED.

Ladies - I did not want to confuse anyone by my posting. I have extremely naturally curly hair - as curly if not more than those shown on the informercial...and it DID NOT work whatsoever on my hair.

As I explained, it came out totally frizzy. I would imagine if you have straight, thin hair, it would work "amazingly" since there is not much to straighten. However, the product is aimed at "all" hair types, and it's just not true. Not at all.

Buy it if you want, it may work for you. But if you have naturally curly hair, I can almost guarantee you will be disappointed for shelling out the money they are asking for it.

Seriously, go to WalMart and buy a ConAir straightener - it works much better. Luckily for my, I got my $104 back!

Well I got the instyler for my daughter and I dont have a complaintwith the iron. My problem is with the add.

When I went online and ordered it I never seen anything that said 3 more payments of 39.99.

Then to boot it come thru my account and they took out 59.98. So this means I will be paying like 200 bucks for this??

I've had the instyler for 6 months now and if anything ever happened to it, I would immediately replace it. I have strawlike boardstraight limp hair.

This amazing product gives me bounce, body, and makes my hair so soft and shiny. I don't understand why people would have such a problem with it.

:upset you poeple are losing it! The InStyler worksamazingly!!

to HRD Alden, New York, United States #882284

Yes I know, too hard to believe .