I read the instructions, bought a glove to prevent burns so I could use both hands, & used M-F only. I have long, straight, fine hair.

Pros: It did give the "appearance" of volumn & I could create multiple styles in a short period of time. Cons: You cannot get to the roots without burning the scalp. The unpleasant smell is the subtle damage occuring from the high heat. After 2 months I noticed I had developed a LOT of short fly away hairs next to the scalp & I was losing approximately 1 1/2 inches in length each month due to newly-developed split ends.

Bottom line: Product does give the appearance of shine and volumn usually associated with "healthy" hair - in the beginning, but the ultimate result is irrepairable damage and rapid loss of length.

My advice: Save your money. A good styling gel with a blow dryer & brush routine and a quality leave-in conditioner will give you better results without the damage or expense.

Comments

#221901

Are you people serious? What you see on TV is totally fake.

Human nature does not allow us to publish good things on the internet. So that leads me to believe that the negative comments you've read about the instyler are true.

A burn version of the old revostyler? My bangs are straight, thanks to the revolving giant revo brush, but the rest of my hair always tangled or looked like straw.

Think I'll pass on the instyler. We curly haired women in search of the straight hair holy grail will have to keep looking...or accept our fate.

I Wana Buy The Instyler But All These Bad Comments Makes Me Think..Does It Really Burn Ur Scalp? Ur Hair Really Comes Out!

Help Me! :eek

so many positive and negative comments about instyler.. i dunno if im going to buy it or not.

i always thought though that not all things fits everyone,so this might be the case for instyler?

i need help..i've been longing to buy an instyler, but some nega comments here scares me..but im desperate to have a hair tool as my hair is a little bit curly, defenitely needs style.

your help and recommendation is much appreciated. (",)

awwwww...i am about to purchase an instyler.. just forgot their number when i stumble in this site..

makes me confuse!!!!

outletzone

I bought mine instyler at www.hairinstyle.net by only $54.9.

It works great for me!

:sigh wow :grin

i hope you have fun straightening your hair with your oven mits on and you can come over and do our hair for us since you love it so much we love fly aways..i need to borrow your gloves

:cry I probably have a fake instyler. It stopped working after about 2 weeks.

I can't even turn it on any more. I want to know if anyone knows where I can get it fixed

I have been reading everyone's comments and am undecided about this product. It looks great on TV but there are a lot of complaints out there. How can so many people be wrong ?

I have been using the instyler for over 6 months and I love it. I have gotten more compliments on my hair than ever.

I also use a little hairspray at the roots on the top of my head to give it an even fuller look. The only *** is the occasional scalp burn and I have done that with a regular curling iron.

I have the original Instyler. :grin 8) :)

*** THE INSTYLER!!! IT BURNT OFF MY SCALP! :(

The Instyler is wonderful! My daughters and I use it on our long hair and it comes out shiny, bouncy and flexible.

Being able to pay it in a few months also is a great help. We love it. Thanks for such a great product.

It is better than any other expensive hair tool I have stowed away in my drawer. :)

what do i do?? :roll

you dumasses are *** . everything is fake .

everything will damage ur hair . beauty hurts ...

sooo get ur lame *** life together nd stop sucin asz .... :grin

The InStyler works great with my hair (thick,and wavy). I bought the real product and it works great.

It only take 5-10 minutes to completely do my hair!

I love it! Plus it does not leave a burnt smell.

i wanted to get the instyler becasue it looked like it works well but i guess after these reviews i'm confused!!! :? im thrteen and i want my hair to be beutiful!!1 i have very thick hair and i straighten it every day and i thought the instyler is supposed to help it from burning. will somebody tell me what to do plz

This is a waste of MONEY!!!It only leaves your hair with a new burnt smell!!Do not waste your money!!!! :( :(

I bought the Instyler and it worked prefectly. All those complaining need to remember that the Instyler has a heat setting and when you use a fake it WILL blow up.

The ONLY true Instyler's are those you buy from the company made by the original cosmetologist(My apologies for not remembering his name)

Always start on the lowest and then go up. Remember it is a professional product and the professional version has the heat settings unfortunately the other Instyler's do not have different heat settings it only has low heat setting.

It is like a straightener and if you go TOO slow you will burn your hair just remember go fairly slow and don't just try to straighten a clump at a time. (Buying at Target means it is NOT the true Instyler, there are a lot of fakes out there so becareful everyone!)

I love my InStyler...I have been using it for about 2 1/2 months without any problems, it does what it was advertised to do. I hope those complaining about the damage and high heat realize there is a heat setting and it is recommended to try it at the lowest setting first and increase only if your hair type needs more heat.

A friend tried mine yesterday and she was in awe at how it helped her straighten her hair so quickly. Just for the record, I have purchased and used several expensive straightners (more expensive than the InStyler) in the past and the life span on those has always been about 1 year with daily plus use.

Stuff just isn't